- Emulation - Taqleed 57
- Taharah 264
- Rules of Water 5
- Use of Lavatory 10
- Ablution 68
- Ghusl 74
- Ghusl of Janaba 30
- Ghusl of Menstruation 12
- Ghusl of Istihadha 1
- Ghusl of Lochia - Nifas 3
- Death Related Issues 24
- Recommended Ghusl 4
- Tayammum 12
- Najis Things 70
- Purification of Najasah 25
- Prayers 246
- Daily Prayers 63
- How to Perform the Prayers 74
- Friday Prayers 10
- Prayers of Signs 4
- Qadha Prayers 17
- Congregational Prayer 42
- Defects and Doubts 6
- The Prayers of the Traveler 20
- Recommended Prayers 10
- Fasting 105
- Fasting Intention 1
- Things which Invalidate the Fast 24
- Things that do not Invalidate the Fast 5
- Disliked Things during Fasting 4
- Failure to Fast 9
- The Kaffara for Breaking the Fast 16
- Validity of Fasting 13
- Fasting Exemption 3
- The Crescent 4
- Making up the Lapsed Fast 11
- Rulings of Fasting 12
- I’tikaf 3
- Zakat 19
- Khums 67
- Pilgrimage 38
- Enjoining the Good and Forbidding the Wrong 77
- Trade 101
- Unlawful Earnings 28
- Some Prohibited Acts 37
- Dealing with Those Involved in Prohibited Acts 5
- Buying & Selling 31
- Leasing 3
- Lending & Borrowing 6
- Gifts 4
- Agency 1
- Religious Endowment (Waqf) 6
- Will 3
- Charity 4
- Marriage 236
- Introduction 16
- Etiquettes of Marriage 21
- Marriage Contract 12
- The Guardian 28
- Prohibited Matrimony 48
- Temporary Marriage 68
- Conditions of Marriage 6
- Dower 8
- Marital Duties 6
- Children 15
- Financial Maintenance 8
- Divorce 56
- Vow, Covenant & Oath 12
- Kaffarah 6
- Usurpation 1
- Lost Property 5
- Hunting and Slaughtering 19
- Food & Drink 42
- Inheritance 14
- Ahlulbait 42
- Compensation (Diyah and Dhaman) 10
- Diyah 7
- Alcohol 15
- Banking 13
- Beliefs 76
- Blood Donation 2
- Clothing & Adornment 35
- Copyrights 2
- Converts 7
- Dance 3
- Eid 15
- Games 9
- Hijab 24
- General Issues 20
- History 2
- Holy Quran 25
- Human Cloning 2
- Imam Mahdi (Peace be upon him) 16
- Immigration 1
- Internet 8
- Islam & Christianity 1
- Islamic Religion 29
- Istikhara 9
- Jesus (Peace be upon him) 3
- Laws 2
- Man & Woman 25
- Masturbation 16
- Medical Issues 22
- Mosques 8
- Mourning Imam Hussein 30
- Narrations 11
- Organ Donation 2
- The Prophet - Peace be upon him- 9
- Pets 6
- Quran Commentary 9
- Religious Chants 6
- Religious Propagation 9
- Relationships 15
- Slavery 1
- Satan 2
- Smoking 6
- Sport 2
- Supplication-Dua 21
- Tattoos 5
- Tran Sexuality 4
- Vivisetion 1
- Wilayet Alfaqih 3
- Work 27
- Yoga 1
- Ziyara 7
After marriage, the wife came to know that her husband is mad. Could you please advise me whether that marriage was valid? If it is valid, can the wife demand a divorce from her side?
The wife has the right to annul the marriage due to the insanity of the husband, whether he was insane before the marriage or became so after it.
Does the religion obligate the wife to approach her husband for sex?
It is obligatory on the wife to permit for her husband all sexual activities with her when he asks her for it, except anal sex as she is permitted to refuse it.
It is also obligatory on her to prepare herself for that, by applying beautifying agents and perfumes that are provided by the husband to her.
She is not required to be prepared for him all the time, but only when he asks her.
What are the limitations on looking at and speaking to a woman that I wish to marry?
It is permissible to look in the normal conventional way, but it must be without sexual enjoyment.
How are the expenses of the child's upbringing calculated in the Sharia?
It is obligatory on the father to support the children by providing them with food and drink, clothes, medicine, housing and all that they need for their living.
If a man who is married to a Muslim wife, contracts temporary marriage with a Christian or Jewish woman without the knowledge or permission of his Muslim wife, will he have committed a sin?
The marriage is correct and he has not committed a sin.
What is the Islamic ruling of the Mahram relations of the child resulting from adultery?
When the child is older, it is prohibited for him to marry any of his Mahram relatives.
I got married to a woman by way of temporary marriage, and the woman recited the following formula: "Jawwaztuka Nafsi fee muddatil ... ala Mahr ... ", and I replied: "Qabiltu." Is this sufficient?
The said marriage contract is valid.
If a woman has conceived a child before marriage and she marries the same man whose child she is bearing, what will be the ruling about the child?
The said child is that of the father by whose sperm he was conceived, as well as being the mother's child. The child belongs to both of them, but does not inherit the father as he was born illegitimately.
What are the religious rules for the parents following the birth of a child?
A number of things are reported to be recommended following the birth of a child, amongst them are the following:
1. Bathing the baby as ghusl for him. Apparently, the one bathing the child is required to have the intention of ghusl.
2. Covering him with a white cloth, and it is disliked to use a yellow one.
3. Reciting the Adhan of the prayer in the right ear and the Iqamah in the left ear.
4. Placing water from the Euphrates River and a small amount of the earth of the grave of Imam Hussein (peace be upon him) on the top and the bottom of his mouth. If the said is not available, rain water can be used instead. Also it is recommended to place honey and date on his jaw from the outside.
5. Choosing a good name for him. It was reported that the most truthful names are those which indicate servitude to Almighty Allah, like Abdullah and Abdul-Raheem. And the best names are the names of the prophets (peace be upon them) and their best is Muhammad. It has been reported also to name the baby "Ali". It is also reported that poverty does not enter a house where its residents are named Muhammad, Ahmad, Ali, Hasan, Husein, Ja'far, Talib or Abdullah, and amongst the females Fatima. It is also reported that it is recommended to name the baby boy at his birth "Muhammad" for at least seven days, and after that either continue naming him that or change it at that time.
6. Cutting the hair of the baby on the seventh day, donating its weight of gold or silver to the needy.
7. Circumcising the boy on the seventh day.
8. The "Aqeeqah": the sacrificing of a sheep, a goat, a cow or a camel. It is better to choose a male animal for the boy and a female animal for the girl.
How can I control my sexual desire?
It has been reported in the narrations the recommendation to get married. If this is not possible, one can decrease the sexual desire by fasting.
Is phone sex allowed between husband and wife?
It is permissible between the husband and his wife.
I have been engaged for two months now, but our marriage contract has not been undertaken. Can I touch or kiss my fiance at this stage?
Touching or kissing is not allowed until after the marriage contract is completed.
If I intend to marry a Muslim man and I want to understand his personality and his religious thoughts, is it permissible to have a conversation with him over the phone or chat on the internet?
It is permissible to talk or chat without lust.
Is it permissible to watch movies and TV shows, where female actors are in it?
It is permissible to watch them, unless it causes lust and desire.
What names are recommended, according to the teachings of the Imams (peace be upon them), to give to a child?
Some narrations state that it is recommended to name children after the names of the prophets and the names that refer to the servitude of the Lord, like "Abdullah". Also, we find emphasis in some reports on certain names like Muhammad, Ali, Hasan, Hussein, Ja'far, Talib and Hamza, and amongst the female names, Fatima.
Is circumcision mandatory or recommended?
It is recommended to circumcise the baby boy at the age of seven days, and it is disliked to delay it. When the uncircumcised male reaches the age of adulthood, he must get himself circumcised. Circumcision is mandatory for Pilgrimage (Hajj).
As a child, my Aqeeqah could not be performed. Can I perform it now?
Yes, you can.
Is there a need to shave the hair of the man's head when performing the Aqeeqah?
There is no recommendation for the man to shave his head when his Aqeeqah is slaughtered.
In the event of a divorce or a separation, who is entitled to the custody of children, the father or the mother?
The right of the custody of the children is for the mother for the first two years of the child's age. After that, it is obligatory on her to give the custody to the father if he asks for it. At the same time, the father should not prevent the mother from having a relationship with her child, as this is a right for both the child and the mother.
If the parents of a six-year-old child are divorced, and the father has custody of the child, does the mother have the right to visit her child, even though the father does not let her?
It is not permissible for the father to prevent the divorced mother from visiting her child and see him, except when it is in the best interest of the child to do so.