- Emulation - Taqleed 57
- Taharah 261
- Rules of Water 5
- Use of Lavatory 10
- Ablution 67
- Ghusl 73
- Ghusl of Janaba 29
- Ghusl of Menstruation 12
- Ghusl of Istihadha 1
- Ghusl of Lochia - Nifas 3
- Death Related Issues 24
- Recommended Ghusl 4
- Tayammum 12
- Najis Things 69
- Purification of Najasah 25
- Prayers 243
- Daily Prayers 62
- How to Perform the Prayers 73
- Friday Prayers 10
- Prayers of Signs 4
- Qadha Prayers 16
- Congregational Prayer 42
- Defects and Doubts 6
- The Prayers of the Traveler 20
- Recommended Prayers 10
- Fasting 103
- Fasting Intention 1
- Things which Invalidate the Fast 23
- Things that do not Invalidate the Fast 5
- Disliked Things during Fasting 4
- Failure to Fast 9
- The Kaffara for Breaking the Fast 16
- Validity of Fasting 13
- Fasting Exemption 3
- The Crescent 4
- Making up the Lapsed Fast 10
- Rulings of Fasting 12
- I’tikaf 3
- Zakat 19
- Khums 66
- Pilgrimage 38
- Enjoining the Good and Forbidding the Wrong 74
- Trade 101
- Unlawful Earnings 28
- Some Prohibited Acts 37
- Dealing with Those Involved in Prohibited Acts 5
- Buying & Selling 31
- Leasing 3
- Lending & Borrowing 6
- Gifts 4
- Agency 1
- Religious Endowment (Waqf) 6
- Will 3
- Charity 4
- Marriage 231
- Introduction 16
- Etiquettes of Marriage 19
- Marriage Contract 12
- The Guardian 28
- Prohibited Matrimony 47
- Temporary Marriage 67
- Conditions of Marriage 5
- Dower 8
- Marital Duties 6
- Children 15
- Financial Maintenance 8
- Divorce 54
- Vow, Covenant & Oath 10
- Kaffarah 5
- Usurpation 1
- Lost Property 5
- Hunting and Slaughtering 19
- Food & Drink 42
- Inheritance 14
- Ahlulbait 41
- Compensation (Diyah and Dhaman) 10
- Diyah 7
- Alcohol 15
- Banking 13
- Beliefs 74
- Blood Donation 2
- Clothing & Adornment 35
- Copyrights 2
- Converts 7
- Dance 3
- Eid 15
- Games 7
- Hijab 23
- General Issues 20
- History 2
- Holy Quran 24
- Human Cloning 2
- Imam Mahdi (Peace be upon him) 16
- Immigration 1
- Internet 8
- Islam & Christianity 1
- Islamic Religion 29
- Istikhara 9
- Jesus (Peace be upon him) 3
- Laws 2
- Man & Woman 25
- Masturbation 16
- Medical Issues 22
- Mosques 8
- Mourning Imam Hussein 29
- Narrations 11
- Organ Donation 2
- The Prophet - Peace be upon him- 9
- Pets 6
- Quran Commentary 8
- Religious Chants 6
- Religious Propagation 9
- Relationships 14
- Slavery 1
- Satan 2
- Smoking 6
- Sport 2
- Supplication-Dua 21
- Tattoos 5
- Tran Sexuality 4
- Vivisetion 1
- Wilayet Alfaqih 3
- Work 25
- Yoga 1
- Ziyara 7
How are the expenses of the child's upbringing calculated in the Sharia?
It is obligatory on the father to support the children by providing them with food and drink, clothes, medicine, housing and all that they need for their living.
If a man who is married to a Muslim wife, contracts temporary marriage with a Christian or Jewish woman without the knowledge or permission of his Muslim wife, will he have committed a sin?
The marriage is correct and he has not committed a sin.
What is the Islamic ruling of the Mahram relations of the child resulting from adultery?
When the child is older, it is prohibited for him to marry any of his Mahram relatives.
I got married to a woman by way of temporary marriage, and the woman recited the following formula: "Jawwaztuka Nafsi fee muddatil ... ala Mahr ... ", and I replied: "Qabiltu." Is this sufficient?
The said marriage contract is valid.
If a woman has conceived a child before marriage and she marries the same man whose child she is bearing, what will be the ruling about the child?
The said child is that of the father by whose sperm he was conceived, as well as being the mother's child. The child belongs to both of them, but does not inherit the father as he was born illegitimately.
What are the religious rules for the parents following the birth of a child?
A number of things are reported to be recommended following the birth of a child, amongst them are the following:
1. Bathing the baby as ghusl for him. Apparently, the one bathing the child is required to have the intention of ghusl.
2. Covering him with a white cloth, and it is disliked to use a yellow one.
3. Reciting the Adhan of the prayer in the right ear and the Iqamah in the left ear.
4. Placing water from the Euphrates River and a small amount of the earth of the grave of Imam Hussein (peace be upon him) on the top and the bottom of his mouth. If the said is not available, rain water can be used instead. Also it is recommended to place honey and date on his jaw from the outside.
5. Choosing a good name for him. It was reported that the most truthful names are those which indicate servitude to Almighty Allah, like Abdullah and Abdul-Raheem. And the best names are the names of the prophets (peace be upon them) and their best is Muhammad. It has been reported also to name the baby "Ali". It is also reported that poverty does not enter a house where its residents are named Muhammad, Ahmad, Ali, Hasan, Husein, Ja'far, Talib or Abdullah, and amongst the females Fatima. It is also reported that it is recommended to name the baby boy at his birth "Muhammad" for at least seven days, and after that either continue naming him that or change it at that time.
6. Cutting the hair of the baby on the seventh day, donating its weight of gold or silver to the needy.
7. Circumcising the boy on the seventh day.
8. The "Aqeeqah": the sacrificing of a sheep, a goat, a cow or a camel. It is better to choose a male animal for the boy and a female animal for the girl.
How can I control my sexual desire?
It has been reported in the narrations the recommendation to get married. If this is not possible, one can decrease the sexual desire by fasting.
Is phone sex allowed between husband and wife?
It is permissible between the husband and his wife.
I have been engaged for two months now, but our marriage contract has not been undertaken. Can I touch or kiss my fiance at this stage?
Touching or kissing is not allowed until after the marriage contract is completed.
If I intend to marry a Muslim man and I want to understand his personality and his religious thoughts, is it permissible to have a conversation with him over the phone or chat on the internet?
It is permissible to talk or chat without lust.
Is it permissible to watch movies and TV shows, where female actors are in it?
It is permissible to watch them, unless it causes lust and desire.
What names are recommended, according to the teachings of the Imams (peace be upon them), to give to a child?
Some narrations state that it is recommended to name children after the names of the prophets and the names that refer to the servitude of the Lord, like "Abdullah". Also, we find emphasis in some reports on certain names like Muhammad, Ali, Hasan, Hussein, Ja'far, Talib and Hamza, and amongst the female names, Fatima.
Is circumcision mandatory or recommended?
It is recommended to circumcise the baby boy at the age of seven days, and it is disliked to delay it. When the uncircumcised male reaches the age of adulthood, he must get himself circumcised. Circumcision is mandatory for Pilgrimage (Hajj).
As a child, my Aqeeqah could not be performed. Can I perform it now?
Yes, you can.
Is there a need to shave the hair of the man's head when performing the Aqeeqah?
There is no recommendation for the man to shave his head when his Aqeeqah is slaughtered.
In the event of a divorce or a separation, who is entitled to the custody of children, the father or the mother?
The right of the custody of the children is for the mother for the first two years of the child's age. After that, it is obligatory on her to give the custody to the father if he asks for it. At the same time, the father should not prevent the mother from having a relationship with her child, as this is a right for both the child and the mother.
If the parents of a six-year-old child are divorced, and the father has custody of the child, does the mother have the right to visit her child, even though the father does not let her?
It is not permissible for the father to prevent the divorced mother from visiting her child and see him, except when it is in the best interest of the child to do so.
If the husband becomes an apostate (murtadd), should the children stay with the Muslim mother?
If the father of the children became an apostate, then his guardianship over the children is no longer valid.
When a girl becomes nine years old, does she have the right to choose whether she wants to live with her father or her mother?
Yes, if she reached the age of nine years, she can decide with whom she wants to live.
My ex-wife and I got divorced and we have a daughter who is now ten years old. My daughter is with my ex-wife. She does not let me see her. What are my rights as a father in this situation?
If the girl reached the age of Sharia-defined adulthood, she can choose to live with her mother or father. Neither of them is allowed to prevent the girl from seeing the other parent.